Leadership lessons from Henry V
Who is it for
- Groups preparing for big challenges
- Leaders wishing to be aware of the impact of their actions from multiple perspectives
- Those wanting to maximise their abilities to motivate and inspire action
- Anyone needing to lead in a hierarchical organisation
- Where you need to break down silos and form productive coalitions
- Those needing to manage political relationships
The impact of this programme
- A deeper understanding of your own sense of purpose and the ability to communicate this to best effect
- Ability to unite teams around a common goal
- Improved influencing skills, and ability to create rapport through your higher emotional intelligence
- Skills to build motivation and trust
Overview of story
Timeless lessons for leaders from Shakespeare's greatest leader – Henry V. Inspired and inspiring, visionary yet pragmatic, powerful yet responsible. As a study of an inspirational leader, he remains unparalleled offering us the deepest insights into the nature of leadership.
A new king unites his warring nobles around a common goal – reclaiming lost territory in France, and overcomes all obstacles in his path to achieve a near miraculous victory at the battle of Agincourt. Yet the object of the exercise is not simply to teach participants to mimic Henry. We seek to draw out your personal leadership styles and identify how these may impact those around you both positively and negatively. Then, using the play’s rich material, we encourage you to explore ways of developing your emotional intelligence to unleash your motivational abilities and build meaningful and lasting relationships.
Henry V is our flagship and most popular inspirational leadership training programme. All about inspiration: how to find it and, equally importantly, how to communicate it.
Archetypes at play
Leading – Sovereign / Strategist / Warrior / Transformer
Supporting – Dreamer / Nurturer
Each course comes in multiple formats depending on how immersive an experience you need, or how extensive are the issues you want to overcome.
Key note, half day, 1, 2, 3, 5 days + bespoke programme.
What to expect
Having presence and being able to enhance your natural ‘performance’ is part of being a leader, however don’t worry we do not expect you to perform Shakespeare!