Leadership lessons from ‘The Grail Quest’
Who is it for
For working groups, the myth of the Grail Quest becomes the vessel that groups
“sail in”, so it serves it serves its time-honoured role for those teams who are:
- Facing obstacles or wanting to re-group, perhaps pursuing a mutual sense of what they serve in the world
- Recently formed and /or establishing best practice
- In need of a fresh perspective or new impetus after they have been working together for some time.
- Have been negatively impacted by internal disputes or external pressures
- Being presented with new and challenging opportunities
- Wanting time out – seeking a meaningful shared experience
The impact of this programme
- Increased awareness of key archetypal patterns in leadership – and their shadows
- A deep understanding of the internal drivers of individual leadership styles and behaviour.
- Understanding mistakes as valuable learning experiences.
- Realising the essential role of a mentor to release potential
- Moving beyond the heroic ego to mature servant leadership.
- Cutting edge individual coaching raises consciousness and supports any required shift in leadership approaches
The programme draws on the time-honoured wisdom of the myth of the Quest for the Grail, re-imagined for the modern leader.
The story leads participants on a compelling experiential journey of discovery – of Self and Soul purpose.
The key theme is authenticity: the more we are willing and able to be authentic – to act in harmony between our inner and outer voice, the more others are able to give us trust, support and offer discretionary effort.
The formative stages of leadership are inevitably concerned with externally validated achievement and proving ourselves. Yet, the more mature stages – beyond the hero – are concerned with meaningful contribution, legacy and service. The path to Authentic Leadership is, above all, an experiential one. This requires integrating intellectual concepts with emotional truths; physical embodiment and imaginative potentials – to form a profound personal experience.
In some sense, we are all Parzival questing for the Grail – that which will fulfil us, alleviates the Wasteland and serves the world around us
What to expect
Here are some comments about the programme:
- “First experience of this type of learning and extremely powerful.”
- “FANTASTIC. Really resonated (not just work, but life).”
- “I can see tools I will use again.”
- “Highest value/impact for the entire course. Would like to know how to follow up and expand.”
We are often working to bring change to grim situations and the programme reinforced for [our entire global senior management group] our belief that the root of all change lies within those seeking to change. The programme gave us a much deeper insight into ourselves and thus strengthened and reinforced us to go out into the world to help others through their own change journey.
Klaus Schwab, Founder & Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum